Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Chip, I need your help again. I found a small lumps under my

Hi Dr Chip,I need your help again.I found a small lumps under my tongue and at the lower back of my tongue. The thing under my tongue is like tiny glass ball. And at the back of my tongue is just like lumps.I am getting nervous and nervous day by day.I mean I am Experiencing almost every possible symptoms of HIV. Like the thing on my upper lip and the tip of my penis as well as discharge and feeling burning sensation when urinate.I can fell about fever and headache this evening. I mean this is in my second week after possible exporsure to HIV.Please help me doctor. I can’t eat well and sleep well.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was in the possible exposure in the 7th of this month.

Can I see your tongue?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is the thing under my tongue.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
this is the thing at the lower back of my tongue.

The one of the back of your tongue is blurry

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is the back of my tongue
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am so anxious right now and almost every day

I'm being very truthful with you here--I don't see anything abnormal in any of your photos

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Am I in the risk. I took the blood test on 16 and the result came back as non-reactive. I know it is quite early to do the test. But I don’t really know my condition now!’
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I understand doctor. I am just very scared.

Did you discuss this with your doctor?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
but the doctor told me to take the blood test on 31 of this month.

What did he say about your risk?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don’t really know. But she said it’s better to do the blood test.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am just so worried.

I understand but for now you just have to work on this terrible anxiety you have

As I've told you before I'm certain you're negative

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the thing is on 7 of October the sex worker gave me the oral sex with condom for like 4 Mins and then she put the massage oil in her vagina and then we had sex for lilemore or less 10 Mins.The thing is when I ejaculated in ghe condom she kept having sex for like 30 sex.I am so worried about getting HIV.And I am worried in case the condom has broken when I ejaculaed in the condom and kept having sex.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I know I’m just asking way too many questions. Thank you for the patience as well doctor. Cause I really need help.

The condom didn't break

And I wish I could do more to relieve your fear

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is the oil she use to put in her vagina before we started to had sex.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is the oil

That really shouldn't be a problem for any condom

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don’t need to worry anything ? About the tiny lumps on my tongue as well
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
will the blood test be accurate if I take it on 31 of October.Since I was in the possible exposure to HIV on the 7 of October. Will it be still early?

As I said before--nothing abnormal on your tongue

But that would be too early right now

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I should not take it on 31 of October?

No--now would be too early

But the 31st of October would be the proper time to test

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Umm doctor. I wanna ask more question.

Sure

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Supposed if I get HIV and I knew it early ,can I cured it!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can’t really get HIV. I am the only son in the family. And my family is too conservative and traditional.

I really don't like to deal with what if's--that's never useful

But these days HIV treated early on is not a death sentence

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is this normal as well. I think the tongue is getting hairy?

Looks totally normal

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you very much doctor. And as well thank you for the patience and your help.

Always my pleasure

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
HI Doctor Chip

Hi there

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I got the urine test result and it came out chlamydia positive.I am now confused am I getting higher chance of HIV

What did your doctor say?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
As you know, because I got the thing on my upper lip as well which is now getting more and more visible. But it do not hurts or itch.

Yes but what did your doctor say as regards ***** *****?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The doctor just told me to take Azithromycin 2x 500 mg in a single dose.

No--I mean did you discuss your worries about HIV with him?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
after that I went to the sexual clinic and told me to take the blood test on 6th next month. But he told me I am not in a risk of HIV.But I am still confused on how did I get chlamydia and any chances of getting HIV
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The doctor on sexual clinic told me that I used the condom and it should be fine. But why am I getting chlamyadia?

Have you had any episodes of unprotected sex lately?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Umm, I had protected sex with a sex worker on the 7 October which I am pretty much worried about now.But I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend on 7th September but I guess it would be too late for chlamydia to show up now.What I know is chlamydia show up within 2 weeks or 3 weeks. So in this case I think It is more related to the sex with sex worker.What about your thoughts Doctor?

Actually it probably is from your girl friend--she may be what's called a carrier--not infected herself but able to transfer it to you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
But Doctor, it is already more than one month and I am just wandering the chlamydia infection should have shown earlier.?

Not necessarily

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry Doctor, what do you mean?

The symptoms can show up a month or even later after the encounter

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Oh so you mean chlamydia is likely from my girlfriend? and what about the thing on my lip?

Yes

But the thing on your lip isn't any STD of any kind

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Doctor I want to ask one more thing.

Sure

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
After I took the 2 Azithromycin single dose today at 1pm, I felt stomach ache and was sweating after and hour of the medication. And till now I am feeling kind of nausea, headache and loss of appetite. Now I already had 2 times diarrhoea after the dose.Is it normal or is the medicine not effective after diarrhoea? Do i need to go and see my doctor very soon about these case?

Those are fairly common side effects of the azithromycin and the diarrhoea won't affect its action

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Doctor so how do I manage the thing on my lip? What do I need to do to get rid of that?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
is there any medication to prevent from HIV, in order to get the best result when I take the blood test?

Can I see your lip again?

And there isn't any medication to change the results of the HIV test

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
doctor, I’ve attached the photos.

It looks like a tiny benign cyst and nothing serious at all

You could try either Retinol or RetinA for it

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
do you mean I have to apply that cream on it? Or will the thing get away by itself?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Because the doctor told me I should apply Zovivax only when it breaks

Usually these go away on their own

I don't think it's a cold sore so I wouldn't give you the Zovirax

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok Doctor, and I have heard about Pep Medicine to prevent HIV? Is it ok for me to take it?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Because the thing on the lip is just getting slightly bigger and I am just kinda worried.

That's only effective if taken within 72 hours of possible exposure

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Doctor so lastly what do you think of me?Am I in the high or low risk of acquiring HIV? as I got chlamydia.

Very low risk but I'd go with zero risk

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you Doctor.

Welcome