Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I am 51 and on mini pill noriday. Think I'm perimenopausal.

I am 51 and on mini pill noriday. Think I'm perimenopausal. As I'm on pill how will I know when I've reached menopause? My periods are long painful and heavy. Should I stop pill to see where I'm at?
Thankyou
Bev
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

you can stay on the mini pill

if you are still having bleeding periods, you are most likely not in menopause yet.

for some women, staying on a low dose birth control pill can help lessen menopausal symptoms

I think it is best for you to stay on the mini pill for now

talk to your GP doctor about this as well.

let me know if you have questions

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My point is if I'm on pill aren't I having false periods? Or will they still stop eventually when i reach menopause even though im on pill?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

no, being on the pill will not cause false periods.

if you are after menopause, you will not start to get periods by going on the minipill.

your periods will eventually stop when you reach menopause, even if you are on the pill

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thankyou for your help
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

you are welcome

thanks for the positive feedback

thanks for using JustAnswer.com