Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I’ve got really tight stomach muscles a hormon imbalance

Customer Question

Hi I’ve got really tight stomach muscles a hormon imbalance I’ve been taking hrt on and off and for 1 week progestrogen my levels are blood spot 29 ml estrogen and 35.2 prostogen am constipated my thyroid is t4 1.2 dl been told it’s low can you help please
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

what is your height and weight

what you need tested is your TSH levels and free T4 levels to know your thyroid hormone levels.

why do you think you have hormone imbalance?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi I’m 5,1 just under 10 stone my free t4 is 1.2 and tsh is 0.9 my tpob is 14 I’ve recently had bloods done
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

you are overweight at your height

your TSH and free t4 look normal.

I am sorry you are constipated.

what do you eat daily

eating more fruits and vegetables and protiens and cutting out carbohydrates, sugars, white flour, pasta, bread, can help you loose some weight

regular exercise can help you loose weight as well.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi I only eat brown bread and drink filtered water etc hardly eat only breakfast lunch and tea been working with Bowen clinic I wanted know regards ***** *****
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

are you still having your monthly periods?

your thyroid hormone look normal.

total T4 is not that helpful

free T4 is more important.

was that T4 level a total T4 or free T4?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi it was free t4 it’s been starred by lab
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no irregular monthly’s
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

I see

regular monthly periods means your female hormones are normal

normal T4 (thyroxine) Free is 0.8 - 1.8 ng/dL or 10 - 23 pmol/L

http://www.globalrph.com/labs_t.htm

so your free T4 of 1.2 ng/dL looks 100% normal.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I used to have an active life with my horses and dogs and farm life but not now tummy too painfull with the muscles
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

I see

changing what you eat can help you loose weight and help decrease pressure in your abdomen

you should get blood testing to check your blood androgen hormone levels

elevated androgen levels in women can be caused by polycystic ovarian syndrome

and can cause weight gain

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don’t have regular monthly’s my doctor said I’m hypothyroid as my levels are low
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

I see.

then you should get blood testing to check your androgen blood levels.

if you are hypothyroid, your doctor should have started you on supplemental thyroid hormone pills like levothyroxine to help bring up your thyroid hormone levels.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

I have a history of grave's disease with overactive thyroid hormone production

so I have killed off my thyroid gland with radioactive I-131 iodine

and now I take levothyroxine daily and get by thyroid hormone levels TSH and free T4 levels checked every 6 months or so.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not sure though ,I’m bloated most the time as the imbslance my cortisol is high first thing then normal durin day and evening
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

I see.

bloated can be from your bowels being inflamed from gluten, white flour, soda, sugar, processed foods, milk, alcohol,

are you willing to change and improve your diet?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi I don’t have lactos or sugar white bread or soda I’ve changed my whole diet very carefull with what I eat been doing it for 5 months
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

that is good

ask your doctor to check your blood androgen hormone levels to see if they are elevated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I’m going to see an endocologist in two weeks at a private hospital my doc has left me like this since March I can’t get out or do anything got blurred vision all symptons for peri and hypothyroid feel like rubbish
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

I see

that is good you are seeing a private endocrinologist.

I am sorry you don't feel well.

ask for blood testing for androgen levels

you could have polycystic ovarian syndrome which can cause weight gain and irregular periods.

polycystic ovarian syndrome will cause elevated blood androgen levels in your system.

do you have other questions for me?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi thankyou I will ask them to do the blood test I’ve had pelvic scans and abdominal scans and loads of blood tests I really appreciate your help thankyou
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

you are welcome

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Btw my doctor has prescribed me levothyroxine which I have but frightened to take it as she’d given me hrt to start aswell and have me anxiety freakout which was scarey was going to wait to see the private endo instead but found yourself thankyou for your high standard of care and info
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

you are welcome

thanks for the positive feedback