wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I cut my foot last night. Put a plaster on it and went to

Customer Question

I cut my foot last night. Put a plaster on it and went to bed. Now the flap of skin has started to heal but not in the right position!
Do I pull the skin away or leave it?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 29 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 29 days ago.

can you upload a picture of the wound?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Hi I'm tying to attach a photo
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
No other medical problems or medication
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Did you receive the photo OK?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 29 days ago.

Just got it.....be right back

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 29 days ago.

That will be OK in the long run.

You can move the skin back over or you can just take a small scissors and trim it off -- either way it won't hurt anything.

That skin is just the callous on the bottom of your foot. It is dead and will, with time, slough off as your foot grows a new layer of skin in the area of the cut.

You might want to put some over the counter antibiotic ointment, such as neosporin etc, on the area along with a bandaid.

If there is any sort of puncture wound present (doesn't look like it in the photo) then you need to make sure your tetanus shot is up to date.

So. What is the take home message?

This will heal up just fine no matter what you do with that flap of callous.

Watch for signs of infection.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thankyou. No I don't think there is a puncture wound. I will get some antibiotic ointment for it.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 29 days ago.

My pleasure.

Have a great weekend :)