Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

If a patient discharges themselves from hospital would there

If a patient discharges themselves from hospital would there GP be notified if there were on going health problems that needed to be dealt with please .

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

yes, if the patient discharges themselves from the hospital, there should be a discharge summary written for the patient by the doctor in charge the patient's hospital admission

and this discharge summary should be sent to the GP doctor

is this a relative that is worrying you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No it's myself I discharged myself from hospital 4 years ago before my consultant came to see me .I never knew what was the outcome of my blood test and other tests that were done .

you can ask your GP doctor or ask the hospital for copies of your medical report and testing from that hospital admission 4 years ago

the medical records department of the hospital should have these records on paper somewhere in medical records.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The answer I needed was would my own doctor get in touch with me to say I needed treatment if consultant knew something was wrong with me .

yes, your GP doctor should get in contact with you if something was wrong

it sounds like you are worried.

you should make an appointment to see your GP doctor.

I a sure nothing was wrong

let me know if you have questions.