Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Last night I must have gotten either food poisoning or a

Hello, Last night I must have gotten either food poisoning or a stomach bug. I was not vomiting but in bathroom every 15 minutes. I am also jet lagged. throughout the night my Hear6v Rate wa sat or near 100. as of now its mostly about 84 to 88 but goes back to 100 if I move around. This is high for me. Should I be woried?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 month ago.

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

No I wouldn't be worried too much

you are probably slightly dehydrated

can you eat and drink?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am drinking water and have so far today only had 2 plain crackers. Since this started at 10 last night I have drank about 1.5 liter water. I have had extensive cardio check ups and declared healthy but This aspect of this episode worries me. Can it also be due to bad jet lag and v very little sleep? I am feeling somewhat better so far but having anxiety abbot heart rate.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'd like to know if I should go to a hospital.

Yes, it can be from jet lag

If you go to the hospital for a HR of 100 Nick, they will laugh at you

do you have any other symptoms?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've just checked again and it's at 84 at complete rest. all the symptoms are that I had frequent diarrhea for about 14 hours. Felt a bit warm in bed.stomach is grumbling now after a few water crackers. I'm tired and out of it. It was the heart rate that I was worried over. If that's okay in your opinion I will try to just get better. My last question is what actions should I be taking? I'm in London for work but could not go in today. What should I feel to know it's okay to go in?

I would give it another day

It is all about how you feel

If you feel up to it, you can go in

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/