wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

In the case of vaginal sex, do you recommend both HIV and

Customer Question

Good day Dr.
In the case of vaginal sex, do you recommend both HIV and Hep C testing?
Both tests were done 19 weeks after exposure and both negative. Should testing be carried out to 6 months before they are conclusive?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 18 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 18 days ago.

Are you male or female?

How old are you?

Were condoms used?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi Dr. RickSo I've been tested negative 19 weeks out for both Hep C Antibody and HIV Duo. However, I've read up and found several situation where simultaneous confection can delay antibody production. I'm aware that there have only been a dozen cases of this in the history of HIV research, but I was wondering whether it would be advisable for me to continue testing up to a year post exposure just in case this were to be the case.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi Dr. I was wondering about the above question. There have been a dozen or so cases where simultaneous co-infection resulted in HIV antibodies and Hep C antibodies production being delayed. I wanted to know whether I should continue testing up to 12 months or if the 19 weeks I have tested out to are sufficient.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I am male.
I am 26.
Yes a condom was used. However, I was quite intoxicated at the time and though I remember taking the condom off afterwards, I don't know that it was intact.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 18 days ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

It is very good that a condom was used.

Given what you have posted there is no need for additional testing.......you managed to dodge the bullet this time and are not infected.

You are not one of the extremely rare cases of delayed antibody production.....put these fears behind you.

So. What is the take home message?

1. You are not infected with HIV

2. You are not infected with Hep C

3. You should not talk to The Evil Dr. Google.

4. You should not have sex when you are too intoxicated to remember the act in detail.

Make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS