Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I'm a normal builder lad your worse sort of patient I

Customer Question

Hey. I'm a normal builder lad your worse sort of patient I normally just leave stuff but this has got me a bit worried!! I've had a virus now for 2 days a spot on my upper lip just under my nose appeared, I irritated the spot and then went to work on a building site.My right hand top lip has swollen like I've been punched, I've read up its a build up of fluid, only issue is am I supposed to be putting pressure on or anything to release it or shall I just leave it a few days a let it go down?Thank you
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Also I have pushed most of disgusting stuff out, now has some sudacream on it. Just like I said now feels like I've had a good punch to the lip
Expert:  Dr. David replied 17 days ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 17 days ago.

it sounds like you have an upper lip infection, it could be a bacterial infection if you had pus infected fluid come out of it

you really should see a GP doctor in the UK and get on a course of antibiotic pills to help decrease this pain and infection.

you can use cold compresses on the area to help decrease pain for now

you can take paracetamol pills for pain

do you have a GP doctor you can see?

or you can go to the hospital A&E department without an appointment and most likely they will give you a prescription for an antibiotic

you don't want this potential infection to spread and get worse.

let me know if you have questions.