Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Do you need to alert an anaesthetic provider about a

Customer Question

Do you need to alert an anaesthetic provider about a patient's PTSD and previous aggressive awakening after a general anaesthetic that they experienced intraoperative awareness during? What would be the best way to communicate this information? Is it possible that it will not happen again and nothing needs to be said?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 17 days ago.

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Absolutely, 100% this needs to be communicated.

The best way to communicate is with a preop meeting a few days before the surgery with the anesthesiologist.

not all surgeons ask for this however. So in that case, you should talk to the surgeon days before the surgery and let him/her know.

It is really important because it will determine what type of anesthesia will be used. And it will allow them to get old records

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 16 days ago.

Thanks for this question

I strive for 5 star service for all customers

If you have more questions, just reply :)