wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have black spots coming up through my skin.Gp's have given

Customer Question

I have black spots coming up through my skin.Gp's have given me lycream & soaps & creams, but none have made any difference .
Can you help?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 16 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 16 days ago.

Can you upload a picture of these black spots?

Does anything come out of them?

How long has this been going on?

What do you think this might be?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hello Dr. Rick I am not competent with sending photographs. I have this problem over two years. It is not painful.I pick the spots off with a sewing needle, I put them on a sheet of white paper , put a circle around some of them to see if there is any life there. I have never seen a movement .
I sleep on a white sheet in the nude and in the morning I see maybe thirty or so blacks spots, almost like black pepper size.
My mind thinks I picked up something at the barbers and the symptoms are unknown in this country.
A moth came into this country a few years ago and attacked conker trees, and Kew Gardens said they never heard of the moth but that it had entered this country in fruit or veg. containers.
I am a young 83. I have glaucoma,sleep apnea, diabetic 2,I keep passing my eye/test for driving. I take crestor 40mg and lansoprazole 15mg..
I also think there is a movement from my head going down to my body. I tried vinegar baths, salt baths ,bleach[with care], pure lemon juice from head to toe, almost worked , reduced the number coming through my pores. Every morning my left hand has four o r five spots on the webbing between my fingers, almost never on my right hand.
I do hope I have remembered everything , I do not suffer pain but I do feel unclean and hate going to the barbers or dentist in case they spot something. I heard my dentist say the words' skin infestation ' to her college, but said nothing to me.
Please feel free to ask me if you need anything else.
John Manning
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 16 days ago.

Thank you for that additional information John.

Do you feel that you are infested with some sort of bug/critter?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
hello,
yes, something is pushing these spots up through my skin. I do not feel them coming up, but they just appear right in front of my eye .I could easily pick off two or three hundred a day The juice of two lemons can reduce the numbers drastically,but they return a few days later and start increasing again. When the numbers decrease I often feel matter like caster sugar on my belly and arms and lap.
Ihope this is of use to you
John
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Dr. Rick, I have been waiting for your reply for some hours and wondered if there is a problem, or you are extra busy My age is 83 and I am careful with my expenses, hence my reluctance to use the phone.
Should you need extra time to solve my problem I will call back to-morrow, Sunday.
John
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 16 days ago.

Sorry. I am on call today and have been very busy.....just got out of the OR and managed to get a bite to eat for the first time since a doughnut at 11 am :(

As much as you might not like to hear this it sounds to me like you are not actually suffering from parasitic infections -- and this is why your doctors can't find them and none of your treatments are working -- but rather you suffer from a common psychiatric condition where you BELIEVE you have parasites.

Here is a very good article from a highly respected source that you might find helpful:

http://cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/45/11/e131.full

This condition is very difficult to treat, as you might imagine.

I suggest you consult with a medical team well versed in helping patients such as yourself.

Does this make sense to you?

I realize that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.
Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three feedback choices, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.
Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Dear Dr. Rick, You are correct to say I would be disappointed with your answer. You cannot say I am imagining the spots I am daily picking off my body . I can only assume you over- looked that part of my E-mail.
I would love you to say you never heard of my complaint ,as you may be of a mind to check it out further. Nothing comes from nothing, as you will know
I really do hope you can give me good news
thanks,
John Manning
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 14 days ago.

John,

At this point your best course of action is to consult with a dermatologist.

She will be able to examine you, obtain biopsies of these black spots as well as anything that is coming out of them. Once these samples are surgically obtained the pathologist will be able to examine them under the microscope using special stains and techniques and be able to figure out exactly what is going on.

Make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Dr.Rick, thank you for your speedy reply. I take it from your reply you have not heard of my problem before. I have tentatively asked people about such and all said they never heard of it. Those that pay attention to Gardeners will know what changes are taking place . I did refer you to an annotate about the moth and Kew Gardens and the conker tree. My
point is Kew gardens are world renowned yet still learning.
Your reference to a dermatologist , were you meaning there is this service with your agency, or were you meaning the NHS?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 14 days ago.

I am familiar with Gardners syndrome.

You would have to see the dermatologist in person to get the surgical biopsy done so a specimen can be given to the pathologist for examination.

I can not (yet) do surgery via my online computer.

So. Yes, you should see a NHS dermatologist.

Make sense?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS