Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My 10 week old baby has a large gap when he Stretches

Customer Question

My 10 week old baby has a large gap when he Stretches between his big toe and second toe but not when he is relaxed etc and not stretching, he doesn’t have Down Syndrome as I know there is a link to this. Should I be concerned? Thanks JULIE
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 21 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 21 days ago.

A gap while not stretching can be a sign of downs but is not always. Since he has gap on stretching only and no other features so nothing much to worry about. Mention his doctor on next visit for examination and further reassurance.

Hope this helps.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.
Best wishes.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 21 days ago.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
is it just one of those things? I have sent one photo when he’s stretching. And then one when he isn’t. Thanks
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 21 days ago.

Thanks for the reply.

I have seen the pictures and that is normal nothing at all to worry about.

Best wishes.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 21 days ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.