Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I have been diagnosed with inflamed optic nerve after

Customer Question

I have been diagnosed with inflamed optic nerve after suffering from blurred vision probably due to MS as the MRI scan showed a single liaison. I am male and 51 so I do not fit the MS profile and have been told a course of steroids and drugs will mean life’s does not change.
My question is based on the fact my other eye is starting to to deteriorate over the last 48 hours. Should I do something now and go to A&e.?
Phil
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
My sinuses are a constant problem and were bad at the time my left eye started to go blurred. They are bad again and my right eye (good eye) feels like it can't focus as well. This has all happened over 3 weeks and my right eye in the last couple of days. I am due to meet a neurologist in Liverpool on November 24th. THe MS diagnosis was by a neurologist in the USA Dr Solomon in Las Vegas. He examined the MRI scans and felt the sinuses were not a cause. My big concern is my left eye is not improving, although I know it can take up to 6 weeks to recover but the fa t my good right eye seems to be deteriorating .....november 24th seems a long time away
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 19 days ago.

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Do you still need help Phil?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Seriously? That Nia your answer? Do I still need help?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 18 days ago.

No I am asking if you still need help

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No

ok