wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have recently been diagnosed with asthma and I work in a

Customer Question

I have recently been diagnosed with asthma and I work in a factory which produces a lot of exhaust fumes processing approximately 200 to 300 cars a day. There is not much ventilation I need a specialist to get a doctors letter for my workplace to show the direct link or triggers of the exhaust fumes and for them to implement some process on health and safety.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 14 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 14 days ago.

Have you noticed an increase in breathing problems while at work?

What are you hoping to accomplish with this letter?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have noticed an increase of breathing problems while I’m at work and my office is in the middle of the workshop.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 14 days ago.

What do you want your employers to do in order to make you feel better at your workplace?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I was diagnosed on 5 July this year. I would like the letter to be supporting documents showing that’s the exhaust fumes in the workshop are a direct link to what has triggered my asthma and I need my workplace to increase ventilation’s for health and safety reasons.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am a diabetic but only require to take Metformin.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

I do not know if your employers will be willing to do what is most likely going to entail a very costly refit in order to change the ventilation of your office just to keep you working for them.

Don't you think it would be easier, and cheaper, for them to fire you and just hire a person without asthma?

If you want a letter I could type up something here and you could print it out and give it to your boss but, to tell you the truth, a letter from your treating physician will carry a lot more weight then anything I could offer you here online.

Does this make sense to you?

Let me know what you would like to do.

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
My GP has referred me to you to get a letter. Therefore, I will still need the letter please, to show the way exhaust fumes of approximately 250 cars each day in the workshop can trigger asthma and in order to present my case to my workplace.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 14 days ago.

How do you want me to attach your name as this is an online forum?

I would need your name and the name of your business.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
My name is***** and the company I work for is BCA. The first medication I was given when diagnosed was Ventolin Evohaler and Clenil but they were not as effective. I have now been prescribed with Symbicort.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I would be happy to press the excellent feedback button to help you - thank you for your support.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 14 days ago.

BCA

Re: Radson Kulisewa

November 6, 2017

To Whom it May Concern:

I have been talking with Mr. Kulisewa at length concerning his recent diagnosis of asthma. He has noted that the extensive automotive exhaust fumes from the workshop are permeating his office. He notes that these fumes cause him to have difficulties breathing related to his asthma and have triggered asthma attacks in the past.

In order to alleviate this situation Mr. Kulisewa would like you to increase the amount of fresh air piped into his office as this is needed for his health and safety.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Dr Rick, MD FACS

Just Answer, USA

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 14 days ago.

I hope this letter helps.

I wish you the very best

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you could you please email the letter to me at***@******.***
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 14 days ago.

You should be able to copy/paste it into your word processor program and print out a clean copy.

Unfortunately, our system has a ninja-like firewall that makes it impossible for me to access any outside email or communication programs.

I'm sure you can understand the need for such a firewall in an world-wide online service such as Just answer....

Thank you for your positive feedback.

I hope this letter helps you get the changes you need to your workplace :)