Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

Just under 2 months ago I was burgled. IN the ensuing

Customer Question

Just under 2 months ago I was burgled . IN the ensuing struggle the burglar managed to slash my arm about 6 times with his knife. The wounds only needed a dressing (the burglar needed a night in hospital!). Since then I have an ache in both my upper and lower arm, similar in feel to arthritis but affecting the muscles. Is this due to a psychsematic reaction like PTS, an unconscious reaction of my body to being injured and protecting itself, or could it be an infection, the burglar was a drug user. Apart from the light scars there seems to be no other visible symptoms.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 13 days ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. If there are only slight scars, it sounds like you are healing fine and there is no infection. Even if he was a drug user you were slashed by a knife. I think you are on the right track, as this sounds like a very traumatic experience. It sure sounds like what you really need is some counseling to be able to recover from the experience