Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I've been quite unwell for a couple of months now, we were

Customer Question

I've been quite unwell for a couple of months now, we were experiencing a noise nuisance from our next door neighbour (loud hi_fi music ) I spent 5 weeks only sleeping every other night because of it .I went to see my Doctor and she put me on Ramipril for high blood pressure, but I've had high bp before and it got better by itself anyway I found the tablets made me feel very unwell so I stopped taking them. I have like a continuous tinnitus like loud music in my ears all the time and it's worse at night hence it's difficult to sleep , can you advise me on anything I should do to help .I am never usually unwell at all.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 14 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 14 days ago.

Yes, there are a few things you can do.

First and foremost, you should monitor your blood pressure every day at least thrice a day. If it is high then you should go back to your doctor and ask for an anti hypertensive, there are a lot others, if Ramipril did not suit you then your doctor can give you something else.

If the antihypertensive, does not take care of the tinnitis and the lack of sleep then get an appointment with an ENT specialist and get your ears checked for possible causes of tinnitus. You can use ear plugs at night as well to counter the noise.

Once, the above are done, you should be feeling much better. And I suggest that you talk to your neighbor about the noise coming out of his apartment as well.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.