Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have just visited my parents and my father an 83 year old

I have just visited my parents and my father an 83 year old thinks he may have had a TIA. He is suffering problems with saliva and is blaming that on his noticeably slurred speech. Please could you advise me on what he should do and how quickly. The symptoms have persisted all day.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 28 days ago.

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 28 days ago.

This definitely sounds like a potential stroke in the making although for now it may still be a TIA in which case the symptoms resolve within 24 hours

My strong suggestion is that you get him to an emergency room now so that the true stroke can be prevented

Please let me know if you need any more information