Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

How do bruise takes to heal and fade away.my son had a that

how long do bruise takes to heal and fade away.my son had a mark that arise around both side of his pelvic.Doctor said it a bruise, but i refused as that dark spot appeared on my son body as a result of nappy tap pinching his body and that became reddish and later purple blue.Doctors arguing not possible.i told them its never a bruise.its been 6 months now since my son was last sign by doctor who said he got bruise.But my question is how long do bruise take to fade away?for a bruise to last for 4 months is impossible,beside my son is a mixed race baby and i am pretty sure it a mongolian mark as most of time it appear on babies body months after birth and never fades away.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 26 days ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 26 days ago.

I am sorry your son has a bruise.

bruises can often take many months for the body to absorb the red blood cells which have spilled out of blood vessels.

would you like to upload a clear photo of the bruised area?

is the bruise changing and getting slightly better over 6 months?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
The one on his chest is still yellowish since 6 months no changes and both on his side have faded little bit. I just got soo angry because doctor arguing nappy tap can't cause such on baby body.I told her it was first red and bit swollen but not tender to touch as when I touch it baby don't cry.I am the main career for my son and I refused to be accused of abusing my son.my son was also born with forcep and had red mark on his eyes which changed colour with time to dark doctor deny it's not caused by forcep.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 26 days ago.

don't be angry.

you are not abusing your child

some children can bruise easier than others.

yes, even a tight diaper can cause some mild bruising of small blood vessels around the waist area.

fading of the bruise on both sides means they were just bruises.

sounds like he had bruises from his forceps delivery as well.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
These are pictures. My son is a mixed race baby and it's normal for him to have discolouration too on skin.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 26 days ago.

those are veins close to the skin irritated by where the diaper is cutting into his hips most likely

you may need to try a different brand of diabetes

those are not dangerous

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
What happens when a baby got vitamin d deficiency and pth is elevated. My son blood results shows that.he was diagnosed with healing fractured ribs.I don't know what to do.added to soo called bruises and rib fracture my son is taken away from me.in suffer from vitamin d deficiency before during and after pregnancy. My son has nevered sustain any injury but doctor x ray shows he has healing fracture ribs.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 26 days ago.

how high is the PTH level?

how low is the vitamin D level?

those are not bruises from abuse.

it would not be on both sides like that.

the rib fractures can be from birth trauma.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
My solicitor got a pediatrician and expert to see into this.My life is shattered. My 6 years old daughter cries every time as her brother is not more with us.CAN I SEND X RAY FOR U TO SEE?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 26 days ago.

yes, you can send xrays

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Hello Dr David,here are the x rays.please look into it.my son was never ever in distress, breastfeeded well and in good health.I took him to doctor because out of my mistake he fell from sofa.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 26 days ago.

there is no evidence of trauma or abuse.

those signs from the hips are not bruises from abuse

those are veins close tot he skin in the groin area irritated by the diaper.

you should have your child with you.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I attached x rays to this message for your consideration.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 26 days ago.

yes, I saw the xrays

I don't see signs of trauma or abuse.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
ANOTHER DR HERE SAID HE SEE TRAUMA AND VERTBRAE GOT MARK OEOSTEPOROSIS.But i do not beleive my son got all this he is a healthy baby
Expert:  Dr. David replied 26 days ago.

we don't see osteoporosis in babies who are 6 months old

many of the bones are not formed and still cartilage at this stage

bones are still growing.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
they not wanting to show me blood results , my son gp can not fine them in computer.I managed to get it from hospital legal department but ost results are pending.only thing i could read was PTH elevated, if vitamine d not normal review PTH.I was verbally told vitamine d is low but no one showed me the results.Someone made a mistake somewhere and is hidding the truth.I f he got fractured ribs why is he not taking any medication.My partner and i are forriegner and feel our case just got neglected and our son taken away.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 26 days ago.

I don't see serious rib fractures.

medications are not needed for rib fractures

vitamin D is commonly low infants, but they can get it through mothers milk or through formula in the diet.

slightly elevated PTH levels usually are not dangerous.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com