Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I had sex 2 nights ago and woke up with a swollen inner

I had sex 2 nights ago and woke up with a swollen inner vagina lip on the right hand side, its not really painful more like uncomfortable and itchy. I have no idea what it is and how to treat it. I could really do a professional opinion thank you.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 22 days ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. There's possibility this could be herpes. I would suggest seeing a dr in person for testing and evaluation
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Herpes thats a lot more serious than I thought oh dear, I thought it was just because of the lack of lubrication used and that he was pretty rough. Its happened once before to me like a year ago and it just passed after a while. I'll go and see the dr tomorrow. Thank you
Expert:  Dr. David replied 22 days ago.

This is Dr. David

I am another expert here.

herpes would cause painful ulcers of the skin

it doesn't sound like you have painful ulcers

if you didn't have enough lubrication, rough sex can cause swelling and pain.

using a mild cream like clotrimazole 1% cream can help moisturize the area and decrease some of the itchiness

KY jelly personal lubricant can be used during sex and can be used on the area now to moisturize the skin

let me know if you have questions .

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I dont think it is herpes either, only on one side of the inner labia is almost double the size its relatively uncomfortable and its sore to the touch, it looks a little red and inflamed also. But I have also noticed that I have some discharge now thats kind of a dark cream colour. Will the swelling go down because its extremely uncomfortable, I tried a cold compress and it has helped a little bit but not much really. Is there anything I can do for the swelling?
Thank you for your reply
Expert:  Dr. David replied 22 days ago.

yes, the swelling will go down

yes, using a cold compresses or an ice pack wrapped in a towel on the area can help decrease pain and swelling

I'm sure you will avoid sexual activity for a few days for this to get better.

rest and ice are the best ways to help decrease swelling in the area.

you can use a small amount of KY jelly if the area is dry

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician