Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

Im just looking for some advice on what to day as my gp

Customer Question

Hi. Im just looking for some advice on what to day as my gp surgery take approximately 2-3 weeks to get an appointment. I went to me gp about 8 weeks ago as I had a lump next to my anus. He said it could be a perianl abysis and prescribed a course of antibiotics. I completed the course as stated, however, Since then the abysis has popped and now leakes most of the time, yesterday the abysis leaked to an alarming rate and I actually got a rash between my cheeks as the area was wet all day. Obviously it has become very uncomfortable and the smell is not plesent. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards george
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 21 days ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

I understand your concern.

In my opinion you should be clinically examined to rule out fistula in ano or pilonidal sinus.An anal fistula often results from a previous or current anal abscess.

Fistula in ano can occur if the abscess doesn't heal properly after the pus has drained away. It's estimated that between one in every two to four people with an anal abscess will develop a fistula.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
thank you for the response.
Are there any dangers with fistula and can it be treated?
George

Fistula in ano is diagnosed with investigations like MR fistulogram.

The condition is not dangerous or life threatening but often requires surgery.