Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities
28277873

Ive been experiencing an uncomfortable bloated stomach for

Hello. Ive been experiencing an uncomfortable bloated stomach for the last few weeks. If I touch certain parts it feels bruised and it throbs on the left hand side. Should I be concerned?
Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 21 days ago.

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and I will do my best to help you today.

I would like to get some more information regarding your symptoms to help you more efficiently.

Do you have nausea, vomiting or diarrhea with this?

Any concurrent medical illness you have?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
It feels like it could be the spleen or large intestine. Generally I'm in good health. No sickness or diarrhea
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I'd prefer you to just message me thank you
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I'm going on holiday first week in December and I just wanted to make sure I'm safe to fly

Thank you very much for the useful information.

Yes, these symptoms are a matter of concern and can not be overlooked.

Pain in the stomach area; along with bloating can be a feature of stomach ulcers, which at be complicated with the presence of reflux.

Another possibility is to look for any enlargement of organs in the tummy like, enlarged spleen (as you mentioned) or lymph nodes giving these pressure symptoms.

Finally, it could be inflammation in the intestine; with some element of obstruction (partial).

I would have this examined clinically by a doctor and evaluated before I travel for holidays.

You need a clinical examination, and if needed, an ultrasound of abdomen.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Ok thank you. I'll make an appointment with my gp

That will be great.

Avoid large fatty and spicy meals and alcohol for the time being.

Good luck

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service as this is the only way i get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.