Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Looking for some advice on std risk from a recent exposure

Hi looking for some advice on std risk from a recent sexual exposure
Expert:  Dr. David replied 22 days ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 22 days ago.

what is your question?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Hi doctor, sorry wasn't sure if I needed to put all of the details in initial post. Here goes, yesterday I visited an escort, clean location seemed a nice girl. Had a massage, protected oral for a few minutes and protected vaginal i intercourse for only a matter of a minute or so before I stopped as I just shouldn't have been there. I'm in a long term relationship and this was a real lapse and error of judgement and I'm already racked with guilt. As you can see the encounter was both brief and protected, although she did briefly lick my testicles, which would have been tongue to skin, I guess I'm thinking I'm not at high risk, but looking for reassurance and perhaps advice as to what testing I could take for likes of HPV and syphilis that could be passed regardless of contraception. Too soon for any symptoms to have developed but feeling very concerned / guilty / stupid and the last thing I want to do is pass to my partner. Thanks and apologies for long winded question
Expert:  Dr. David replied 22 days ago.

there are no good testing for men for Human papilloma virus

you really don't need STD testing because your event was brief and protected

you could get urethral swabs, but they will come back negative for STD.

if you get an HIV blood test, that will be negative as well.

you don't have to worry

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Thanks for the quick response. It is what I already thought but it's reassuring to have a professional confirm. The internet is brilliant but also has a lot of horror stories. If I may ask one further question, syphilis, could that be passed via intercourse of such a small amount of time? It was literally a minute or so and I stopped and made to leave. I want to carry on as normal with my partner but passing this is a concern and I've read stories about this being a serious issue for women particularly if they become pregnant
Expert:  Dr. David replied 22 days ago.

syphilis would not be passed if you had protected sex.

you can not contract it if you had protection on

you don't have to worry

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Great thanks for your help
Expert:  Dr. David replied 22 days ago.

thanks for the positive feedback

thanks for using JustAnswer.com