Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Not sure if you can help, I had my bottom left wisdom tooth

Not sure if you can help, I had my bottom left wisdom tooth removed 2 months ago. Since then my mouth is very dry, I have been prescribed spray saliva but would be using a lot to make a real difference, it’s making clear speech difficult due to the dryness. Strangely drinking seems to make the mouth dryer. Not sure if I need to see a gp or dentist, or whether it’s a coincidence that it coincided with tooth extraction. Thanks Sarah
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 18 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I have no dryness to eyes I know my go also asked about that.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Not able to do calls at present.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 18 days ago.

A dry mouth 2 months after a wisdom tooth extraction does not correlate. Other causes of having a dry mouth should be looked for. These include salivary gland inflammation/ infection or blockage of salivary gland ducts, autoimmune conditions like Sjogrenz syndrome (does not necessarily effect the eyes), medical conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, certain medications for example anti allergic, sinus congestion, certain mouth wash products, mouth breathing, dehydration, smoking, sleep apnea etc.

I am sure most of the above can be ruled out right now but for the ones that are left, a physician will have to evaluate you. I would suggest that you get a referral from your GP to an internist, a medical specialist who can look at this from a wider angle. That is the best course of action at this point in time.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!