Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I just come from seeing gynecologist first time as having

I just come from seeing gynecologist first time as having few issues... And I don't feel comfortable with him. I was with my husband, but he wasn't interested to listen to my problems he just wanted to internally examine me, I did mention numerals times that I am on my period and I don't feel comfortable for him to do that. Can I ask for female doctor?
Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: I am on period about 20 days out of month very irregular
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Yes I been under endocronology not sure if I spelled it right

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

You can definitely ask for a female gynecologist or doctor if available in that practice. This is your right. Or you can ask your GP to refer you to another practice where there is a female gynecologist.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My gp referred me to hospital where I been today... And they asked me to come back how do I ask for another gynecologist?

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

You should tell the hospital management who have asked you to come back that you prefer to consult a female gynecologist. Many patients make this request and there is nothing wrong or offensive regarding this. You should only consult a doctor with whom you are comfortable. Please call the hospital and inform them regarding this.

Take care.