Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I finished my first cycle of IVF on Friday 15th Dec. On that

I finished my first cycle of IVF on Friday 15th Dec. On that day, I had my first blood draw to check my hcg levels and determine if the treatment had worked or not.I got a call later than afternoon to say the result was inconclusive and that I have to go back on Monday for another blood test.I was told my hcg level was 36.I was 9 days past and 5 day transfer (blastocyst), I am now 10 days past.I have no bleeding still.I’m confused at this result and now really sure what it means; looking for some clarity/advice really.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. The result is not inconclusive. Its a positive pregnancy test at a low level and is a good sign. You will have another blood test Monday. The result should at least double but if the pregnancy is successful it will be much higher than that. We can never know if the pregnancy is successful based on a single test. Sometimes a chemical pregnancy occurs and the blood level begins to go down immediately. Let me Know how your repeat test goes and good luck