DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I am a British Expat in The Middle East and I really need

Good Morning,I am a British Expat in The Middle East and I really need some help.I feel I may need additional medical advice.In brief: I have been diagnosed with Hashimoto's Disease, which has presented symptoms the last 10 years, I have had a recent Ultra Sound which shows Thyroiditis & Lymphadenitis, the throat discomfort is so frustrating to the extent Its now becoming difficult to swallow some days.
Additionally my Thyroid Antibodies are 267% over the high end of normal range. I have had more test than my insurance can afford and 2 second opinions on diagnosis. So I’m content of diagnosis but I am concerned about my doctors treatment plan, “Wait & See” I find this very contradictory to recent research in the UK of “Nip It In The Bud” concept. Also i cannot settle for having to continue feeling the way I do and live with a reduced quality of life, Additionally I do not believe waiting for a Gland such as the thyroid should be left to deteriorate or be totally destroyed when there are treatments that can help slow down the process or manage it at least.Kind Regards,Kristina

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sure thank you.

Please give me some time to read your detailed history

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please take your time & thank you!

Thanks for all the details

Considering your symptoms and the lab results of late I do see a need to start you on the thyroid hormone replacement.

Although your results are not completely in hypothyroid range but a highly positive antibody and your symptoms suggest a diagnosis of Hashimoto thyroiditis and in my view you need a thyroid hormone replacement.

I would suggest you to see an endocrinologist and discuss about starting the thyroid hormone replacement therapy.

I am available to assist you any further till you are satisfied that you have received a 5-stars or excellent response to your query

Good luck & Regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for the clarity on the matter, I appreciate your feed back! This will certainly aid me in my next appointment.May I ask, what type of Thyroid Medication would be suitable?Kind Regards,
Kristina

Levothyroxine can be given orally in this situation

Good luck & Regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.