wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I’m 17 and I go to the gym 4 days a week. I’m fit and

Hi my name is ***** ***** I’m 17 and I go to the gym 4 days a week. I’m fit and healthy and lift weights. Today while at the gym I started to experience dizziness and faintness. What does this mean this had never happened before.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi have you read what I sent

As a healthy 17 year old it probably means you are a bit dehydrated, you didn't eat enough today or you over did it at the gym.

At this point I do not believe you need to see a doctor for an extensive workup but, if it happens again it probably would't hurt to visit with your GP and see if she feels any testing needs to be done.

So. What is the take home message?

I do not think you need to worry at this point.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Before I went to the gym I quickly ate a sandwich and that was all I had before the gym. Would that be the reason because I had drank plenty

Could be.

In general these things happen and don't always mean you have something terrible nor do they require an extensive medical workup.

Of course you can get on the internet and learn of the rare individual who fell over dead the second time they felt like this.......

So. What should you do?

As a father of five kids and a surgeon, I'd counsel you not to worry.

Make sense?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS