Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I've been having regular darting chest pain (heart side) for

I've been having regular darting chest pain (heart side) for five hours. No other symptoms that I can spot. Pain is relatively low level and has been occuring about two a minute.

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Sorry to hear that. Does it worsen with activity at all ? Does breathing deep changes the character of pain ? Any cough , breathlessness , palpitations? Any fever ? Recent flu or viral illness ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Did an hour's fast walk this morning, no problem. No to all the questions.

Alright well it sounds like a muscular pain to me as heart pain would be felt deeper, stabbing in nature and not localized rather spreads to neck, jaws or arms. However if you get breathless or pain persists then an x ray to rule out pneumothorax should be done . Pneumothorax means air around the lung . It can occur spontaneously sometimes.

Take tylenol with muscle relaxant as flexeril . Should be fine.

I hope you feel better soon.

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Pease reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Stay blessed.

Regards.