Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Doctor
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice.
13711182

I've been on Zalletta since October last year, it has

I've been on Zalletta since October last year, it has stopped my periods to just the odd few days of discharge. The problem is I've been putting off sex with my husband incase it wasn't as protective as my old mycrogynon pill. But we decided we had to try so on Monday we did. My worry now is if i might be pregnant. I've taken the pill exactly as instructed and never missed one. But I'm still worried.

Zelletta is a mini pill, contining only progesterone, so it's not quite as protective as Microgynon, which contains both estrogen and progesterone. However, Zelleta is highly effective in protecting you from pregnancy, especially when taken every day at the same time. And it's not unusual for your periods to be only a few odd days of discharge.

I would try to trust that your Zelletta pills are protecting you. If you can't do that, then it would probably be best to go back to a combination pill like Microgynon. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you so much. I'm sorry for such a silly question and worry, but after being on the mycrogynon for so long and becoming confident with it, there's always that worry when trying something different. My doctor suggested the change due to my age etc. It has taken a few months to do what it should do but it was just this niggling worry about the contraception side. Thank you so much for answering and putting my mind at ease I little more

You're welcome. Zelletta is a very good means of birth control.

Please click the rating stars. Thank you.

Thank you for your payment and rating.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Hope I can still pick up on this issue. Thing is I've taken a pregnancy test today and it's come back negative. This would make me 12 days after sex, and now I've just had a mix of discharge and blood, not a lot and this would be the time I would be due on. Would u say this means I'm definitely not pregnant or should I still keep testing?