wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

Am i allergic to alcohol? every time i consume some sort of

am i allergic to alcohol?

every time i consume some sort of alcohol, sparkling wines and champagnes in particular, my nose gets really stuffy and my chest is slightly wheezing . i'm not a big drinker but would enjoy a glass of wine occasionally. i have asthma, hay fever and dust mite allergies, as well as allergic reactions to mussels. I'm in my 30s and used to be able to drink alcohol without a problem. The last couple of years all it takes is a few sips and i start to feel as if i have hayfever

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

It is possible that you are allergic to ethanol.

This can easily be tested by an allergist in a controlled, safe environment

This way you would know for sure.
Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Thanks for the info doc

My pleasure.