Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Does ibuprofen help decrease inflammation in the body?

does ibuprofen help decrease inflammation in the body?

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Can you please tell me exactly what you mean by inflammation in the body?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
in november i went for an ultrasound following an episode of prolonged menstrual bleeding with sudden onset of lower back / pelvic pain and slight nausea. the ultrasound tech noted i had an enlarged right ovary and a mixed echogenic mass with no associated vascularity or free fluit. i was then referred to a gynaecologist, did ca125 and other tumor markers which have back fine. i initially was told it was a cyst, now my gyn says it's not but she believes it to be an inflammation in the stromal region of the ovary. i'm scheduled for a follow up scan at the end of next month but i'm experiencing a lot of lower back discomfort and front right sided pain, going down and have been taking ibuprofen... i was wondering if it would help calm down whatever this inflammation might be. i should add, my inital ultrasound showed a mass of 48mm and it was measured at 34mm a couple of weeks later

I understand

Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory medication that show calm down the inflammation in the ovarian stromal region and help with your pain

Let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thanks doc, i currently take 300mg tablets, probably twice a day. would it be ok to take them 3 times a day?

You can safely take up to 2400 mg in a 24 hour period

So you could take up to 8 of those a day

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thanks for the info Dr, very helpful!