wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

Accidentaly baked pizza on polystyrene base which melted. Is

Accidentaly baked pizza on polystyrene base which melted. Is it dangerous/toxic to eat for a child?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We have eaten a few pieces of it
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
just to mention, none of us experienced any symptoms and seem fine
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

There are no risks to speak of.

A small amount of ingested polystyrene will cause no problem, either now or in the future.

You can put any concerns out of your mind.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. So you dont believe there was any risk to my 4 year old child? I am concerned as polystyrene melted on high temperature and released harmful substances to pizza which she ate. I could also feel a bit of a strange smell

As a father of five as well as surgeon I can assure you that the same thing has happened on multiple occasions in my family and all my kids have -- mostly (The middle daughter is a bit cantankerous) -- turned out to be wonderful adults who have been able to supply my Wife and I with a pack of perfectly healthy grandkids.

You can put your fears to rest....no matter what The Evil Dr. Google may have told you.

Make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

My pleasure.

Have a good weekend :)