Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

K., I just noticed a spot on my 10 months old daughter’s

Hi Dr. K.,I just noticed a spot on my 10 months old daughter’s genital area while changing her nappy. What could it be?I am attaching a photo and circled the spot.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. Just looks like a tiny pimple or ingrown hair. These are common and nothing concerning. It can also be associated with diaper dermatitis. Some A ad d ointment should clear it up.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Another doctor from Just Answer said it might be viral like Herpes but didn’t answer my follow up questions and plus made me panic. Thetefore I was thinking about visiting a doctor in person tomorrow. Do I need to visit or should I wait?
I highly doubt its herpes. If it makes you feel reassured, go to the appt
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I actually don’t want to take her if it is more likely to be a something minor like pimple as every visit to the surgery is a risk for another virus or bacteria. What type of symptoms should I look for these types of spots? How long should it take for it to heal approximately?
Its not likely herpes. If it forms a fluid filled vesicle that pops and scabs over then you may want to go in
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Thanks Dr. K.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Dr. K. this picture is from this morning. It seems to be getting smaller and less visible. What do you think?
It sure doesnt look like much at all.
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Thanks Dr. K.
Sure
Thanks for using JA