wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I believe i have a urine infection, i had a few drinks and

Hi I believe i have a urine infection, i had a few drinks and was sexually active with my partner over the weekend. I had the same before uncomfortably feeling of wanting to urinate and burning feeling when i do. Ive had to get a prescription before for the same thing its not something i get regular so I’m not concerned but i have had it before.
I cant get away from my work can i get a prescription on online so my partner can collect it as its very uncomfortable at the moment.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Unfortunately there is no way that I know of to get a prescription for antibiotics online :(

That being said, it is pretty common in situations like yours for a doctor, or the doctors nurse, to be willing to call in a Rx for you especially since you have had UTIs before and they are common in sexually active women.

So. What is the best thing to do?

Give your Doctors office a call. I would bet they can call in some antibiotics for you.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks , I called local surgery they do telephone appointments,but not sure if they will prescribe over the phone Abi

Abi,

Hopefully they will be willing to call in some antibiotics for.

Usually with established patients that is not much of a problem

However, in order to do this the doctor needs to have a record on file for you -- IE: You've been there before.

Make sense?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Hope you feel better soon. :)