wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have had viral laryngitis, mouth thrush and now mouth

I have had viral laryngitis, mouth thrush and now mouth ulcers in the last 6 Weeks,one ulcer under my tongue on the frenulam has been there for 3 weeks, its small and white. I got my dentist to look at it when i went last week and he said it's a ulcer beginning with A I can't 'remember the name, I can't understand why it's taking so long to heal

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

He probably said they were aphthous ulcers.

Can you upload a picture?

What is your question?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Sorry i cant upload a picture. It is round with ulcer in middle,quite small, was very painful at first, now it doesn't hurt. I use a asthma pump for mild asthma,also Thyroxin, Ramapril, Bendroflumethiazide Sinvistatin and Duloxatin
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I wondered whether it is connected to the virus i had, and why its taking so long to heal

Thank you for that additional information.

These can be related to stress....like the stress of your recent viral infection.

Unfortunately they can sometimes take 8 to 10 weeks to go away.

Chlorhexidine gluconate mouthwashes (rinse and spit) can help at times but in most cases they just go away with time.

That is probably why your dentist was not too excited about them...

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS