spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  Journeyman TechnicianWorked on small to large engines for 30 yearsGas,LP,Diesel
65057319

Hi got a Daf tipper FA LF45 - 150 starts ok but when it gets

Customer Question

got a Daf tipper FA LF45 - 150 starts ok but when it gets hot it takes ages to start again had fuel filters etc done but it is still doing it and suggestions?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 3 years ago.
Hi and welcome
Thank you for allowing me to assist you with your question today.

Sorry for delay.

This sounds like a weak fuel transfer pump or bad check valve in transfer pump allowing fuel to drain back when hot.

I would change fuel transfer pump.

Hope this helps
spanky