Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

What happens to the mental health of an individual who has

Customer Question

What happens to the mental health of an individual who has lost their home, their business, been left with secret debts by a partner, had this partner run off with another man invited to quote for fitting wooden floors in the marital home after a 6 week affair, had their new partner threaten you and ex friends of the family, had your business targeted by this new partner to pay off his debts, had your best friend run who is an extreme narcissist run out on you, owing you 100’s of thousands of pounds by fleeing abroad having also stolen cash from your safe and taken your car with out permission doing much damage whilst you suffer from a brain aneurysm in Addenbrooks hospital?
Sadly it does not finish there, because when your return form hospital your ex father-in-law takes money from your business account, you freelance staff taking advantage of your compromised mental capacity whilst taking your customers and ideas as theres, they then deny you access to your website and IP unless you give them all of your income, preventing you from trading, based on misplaced loyalty to a trusted Mentor friend described as one of the top 50 most dangerous Tech men in the country, who commissions you to design him a web site which he does not pay for, only to have a city investor take advantage of his engineering of your downfall by providing replacement work running a Plc investment shell, which is really a front for a share scam that includes the invested-in entity being run by two ex cons both jailed for fraud who met in prison, only to have your new partner suffer from a cancer scare and subsequent operation for the removal of a growth just after you contest an FCA enquiry for which you are not paid because the City Investor is not a Director of the underlying investment shell and knows he can get away with it.
The lack of income needed to pay the mortgage, divorce fees and old debts like school fees supposedly paid by your ex partner, means you have no choice but to jump ship to another company run by another Entrepreneur who is even worse. As an Autrocrat that never pays anybody, you have to lend him money whilst he emotionally bullies you into acting on his behalf, he also being an ex con prone to violence and cousin of one of the Shadow Directors of the invested in non-paying Plc shell, both entrepreneurs rivals set to make multi millions and known to each other, geared to making as much money as they can through exploitation and breaking the law, to which you can say nothing without jeopardising your own share interest dangles a carrot because you are working on a contract of supply, thus justification for non payment, living off the sale of your car and music studio equipment on Autotrader and eBay, the process causing the closure of your business.
This you do 6 days a week from 6 till 12pm, autocrats knowing no privacy, with the seventh day spent decorating, dealing with 9 house agents, 2 divorce lawyers, 18 visitors, claims on the insurance, martial trades, renovating the garden, paying for 14 skip, and electrical and gas certifications, all to survive, before your enforced move to rented property with no company, employees or family left, your industry have moved on in those timescales you are out of touch, and thus no longer relevant in the world of marketing, being chased by Companies House, HMRC and Scottish Power with the ability to freeze your business accounts or fore-close on your business or effect your credit score meaning no income, mortgage or ability to trade, forever doomed to renting with a balance of £200k out of the £1.5m you have learnt, passed over to 2 ex wives and a conman after 27 years.
In you new home, trying to get your life back together in a bedroom, you are in solitary confinement, with only your mind, practice, imagination, historical contacts, training courses and your partner for company, understandably fed up with you talking about business or showing favouritism to your 19 year old daughter also abandoned by her mother, and living on the bread line in rented accommodation 22 miles away resulting in levels of anxiety and stress so intense since the brain aneurysm, that it has resulted in an intensity of constantly pushing yourself to the limit on a daily basis to get back on your feet with no confidence, an old and ailing body showing every sign of unhappiness with skin, joint and weight issues.
I am attending a counsellor and wonder whether the lack of people, systems, technologies, this historical abuse, and missing day to day interactions are driving me slowly mad
as I have always had a strong spiritual belief and feel life treats you in equal measure to what you put in. This has unfolded over a period of 3 years and other than 2 speeding tickets and not staying on top of changing web and social media strategies, I find myself questioning what have a I done to deserve this chaos? Perhaps you can advise...
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

I am sorry that you have had so many life difficulties.

There is no single mental health response to these events, but the most common mental health response would be a combination of depression and anxiety. It is good that you are seeing a counsellor, but it may also help to be taking an antidepressant.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your response. I would like to continue the process as currently whilst I have days when I am down, overall I am neither suffering form anxiety or depression, and do not believe in antidepressants (as previously taken by the bucket load by my my ex wife). What I am is slightly angry and determined to find a way forward.

If you do not want to use medicines, it is fine to continue to manage the mental health response by continuing counselling.