Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have spoken to a doctor on here but he thinks I should

Customer Question

I have spoken to a doctor on here but he thinks I should really be speaking to a psychologist.
Can anyone help?
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I feel I have a compulsive lying disorder!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's become apparent I'm a lie a lot. It can be something very small but I'm just about to loose the man I love due to it.
Please help!
I've already spoken to a doctor on here but he says it is really a psychologist I should speak to.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 9 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Shantal thank you for trying to help.I have arranged a doctors appointment but would also like to wait a little longer to see if you find anyone.Regards,
Nikki
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 9 months ago.

The moderator has added this to the Medical category because no Mental health expert addressed the question for greater than 2 days. I agree that you really need to be seen by a counsellor, as this type of issue typically needs some amount of counselling to resolve.

If there is any associated anxiety or depression, then also using medicines may help, but the primary intervention is counselling.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you. I have also visited a counsellor but unfortunately it wasn't helpful. I need someone to understand my thought process. I'm also dyslexic.
There is only anxiety because I'm worried I will loose my partner if I cant find the help I need.Regards,
Nikki

You may need to try several different counsellors to find one that is helpful for you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your help. Although I feel slightly in limbo.The previous doctor from this website said I needed to speak with a Psychologist. I now am told it should be a counsellor.
I have had a brilliant up bringing. I have a good job. I own my own place. My life is in a great however I do seem to lie, or contradict myself, or not remember what ive even said. I send mix message trying to explain myself and become flustered and cant get any words out at all.I will look for another phycologist but thank you once again.Regards,
NikkiRegards,
Nikki

A psychologist is one type of counsellor.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you!Regards,
Nikki

You are very welcome.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is it something this website can not provide. I have posted and paid for two question?

Counselling cannot be provided through the site. Mental health experts can answer questions through this site, but I cannot say why no expert addressed the question for 2 days.