Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I am always sad I don't know what to do is getting worth and

Customer Question

Hi, I am always sad I don't know what to do is getting worth and extremely low mood, can you please help me?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 10 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 10 months ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

Since when is this happening? What treatment are you presently taking or tried in the past? What is your age? Did you try therapy?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I took some vitamins but didn't help at all, I took serotonin pills, Chinese herbal pills, now I'm talking omega 3 brain function supplements
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm 25 years old, now it's been 6 month I have this mental problem
I didn't have any therapy
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The problem is from the time I wake up I'm sad, extremely low mood, i dont know how to control it
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
also I'm tired

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

It is likely that you are suffering from depression. However the exact diagnosis may only be possible after filling a questionnaire given by your therapist or doctor. Please don't self medicate. Also these supplements may not be beneficial in all cases and you need prescription medications to adequately manage this condition. You need to visit any general physician and he/she will be able to prescribe the medications. This is a very common condition and you don't necessarily need to consult a psychiatrist unless your general physician thinks that this will be beneficial in your case. Also please ask your GP to refer you to a therapist preferably a therapist who is experience in cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT).

Presently you need to start reading self help books such as the one linked below and this will be beneficial for you and will decrease your symptoms.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Happiness-Trap-Based-revolutionary-mindfulness-based/dp/184529825X/ref=cm_cr_dp_asin_lnk

Also please do mindfulness practice everyday and you will see the result in a few weeks. Please refer the below guided audio resources:

http://www.guilford.com/companion-site/Mindfulness-Based-Cognitive-Therapy-for-Depression-Second-Edition/audio

Take care.

It is a privilege answering your question.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating of 5 stars if this interaction has been satisfactory, because this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for our time and work. You will not be charged again for giving a rating.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

May you be happy, successful, and healthy.