wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

My friend went to doctors as he has severe depression as he

Customer Question

My friend went to doctors as he has severe depression as he recently stopped smoking crack,in the past when he stops crack and heroin his head cannot cope and he knew he needed his antipsychotic-risperidone-but whats happened is today dr said on the records it has been stopped down to clinical reasons and, todays, dr doesnt think giving him antidepressant would work whilst on drugs.the question is what can he take as he is due to go to rehab but he knows himself and knows he needs medical help,this depression he cannot heal himself. I strongly identify this friend has mental illness and should get his antipsycotics to help also lift out of depression as he will need this medication during detox as my friend believes he is going to have nervous breakdown , I agree.Kindly please advice what can my friend do as he feels he needs treatment/medication now, and not after or during rehab as he wants help with symptoms now. Thankyou
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

How old is he?

How much, and for how long did he smoke crack?

Does your friend have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.