Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I'm 17 years old my dad passed away when i was and mother is

Customer Question

i'm 17 years old my dad passed away when i was young and mother is a alchoholic i have a history of anger problems and about 2 years ago was diagnosed with anxiety and recently i started getting disturbing images in my head of me killing my grandad i was so upset crying all night thinking why am i thinking about this i need help but when i speak to people now i can not take in instructions and i can't listen anymore no matter how much i try and now i have been suffering with my own thoughts i can hear them in like a voice inside my mind but not voices as in people hear them i am in complete control of this ' mind voice ' and control what it says but it's like a obsession to speak it in my mind i feel a urge or relif almost i really am scared about scizsophrenia i keep thinking am going to develop it i need help do you know what i'm going through ?
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
also i used to smoke i have quit and quit drinking alchohol and sugary stuff because i fear this is gonna make everything worse i'm honestly scared i have schizophrenia i forget everything i have very bad short term memory it's getting in the way of college i don't feel reel again like last year i fort i have cancer for a good year
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
is anyone goin to help ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
why is it taking so long for a response i paid quite abit
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 11 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry about your situation. it is not easy with your father passing away and your mother being an alchololic.

it sounds like you are suffering from severe anxiety symptoms

you may or may not have schizophrenia

you have to see a doctor or psychiatrist for face to face evaluation of your symptoms to see what medications and treatment would benefit you.

I am glad you quit alcohol and smoking and sugary foods.

are you in college now?

do you have a health clinic at your school or ability to see a doctor or nurse about your symptoms?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
yeah i'm in college i've coped a lot today not had any problems attall i don't think it's anything but anxiety or ocd but when anxiety is high i know i jump to conclusions

there are medications your doctor could give you for anxiety and ocd.

medications like sertraline or paroxetine or fluoxetine could help your symptoms.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i'm going back to do cbt again i seen a professional last year he said i had anxiety & in really trying to avoid medications at all cost i don't want to be on medication my whole life or at my age i'm going to do cbt see if that helps like last year it helped me a lot

yes, doing cbt can help

regular exercise and yoga and meditation can help as well

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com