wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

My partner suffers depression driven by sever pain she

Customer Question

My partner suffers depression driven by sever pain she suffers from a chronic condition in her shoulder (TOS) and has recent gained comfort from the presence of our dog.
When the dog is removed from her she suffers anxiety/panic attacks/depression/increased heart rate as well as a return of her shoulder pain.
When with the dog, her pain subsides to manageable levels and her mood improves significantly.
What steps can i take to get her prescribed the dog for the purposes of emotional support/therapt so her apartment manager cannot ask her to remove the dog?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 month ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi,Please could you refund me the cost of this service - I had hoped for an answer by now as per your sites had indicated.Thank you
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

This can be done by starting with her GP. The doctor can fill out the forms and write a prescription for her to have a companion dog.

Then you might have to get the current dog registered as a companion/helper dog.

While this paperwork is going through the channels a lawyer should be able to draft a letter, using copies of the doctors findings, compelling your landlord to leave the dog alone until the final paperwork is done. If the landlord is unwilling to abide by the lawyers request a Hearing in front of a Judge could be scheduled.

So. What is the take home message?

With her doctors assistance there should be no problem getting the dog to stay.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Sorry it took so long -- I type slow :(