wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I've recently watched a video where it shows people having

Customer Question

I've recently watched a video where it shows people having accident happening all of a sudden and unexpectedly , like a lady with her child in a Oran in front of her house and something falls from the house on top of her !
Then it happens that I also read a lot of news and mainly come across of murders or accidents like someone walking in plain daylight and a car drives into them .... by accident... this started to make me feel really fearful and depressed , it's making me think why bother looking after myself, go gym and eat healthy when within a split second I could be dead... by accident , within a split second I could lose me family because of some freak accident ?
And I hear answer such as "oh you're developing a phobia, you're anxious etc" ok fair enough ! But it doesn't take away the fact that these freak accidents CAN HAPPEN!!! So how can I leave a happy life when I know at any time something horrific can happen ??
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 month ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

How old are you?

M/F?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm 27. Female
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

That is an excellent question.

Living a happy life even in the face of possible horrible accidents is possible -- billions of people do it every day.

That being said, sometimes it is hard to do this on you own.
So. What should you do?

I would suggest you consult with a health care team experienced in helping people like you who are trying to deal with these fears. Such a team usually consists of a clinical social worker, a psychologist and a psychiatrist.

With talk therapy and medical management you will be able to deal with these very real concerns and live a happy life.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS