Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I need help. I just wrote all my mental health history down

Customer Question

I need help. I just wrote all my mental health history down but I pressed continue, nothing happened and then everything I had written down was lost.
I can't write everything out again it's too painful and I am too unstable at the moment to write it all out again. Reliving everything that's happened again.
Basically after 6 years of endless admissions, sections, treatment including medication, lots of ECT and a family I love dearly almost destroyed I am running out, or have run out of any hope I had left.
This last year has been the worst so clearly nothing is working and I am left with very little if any treatment options left. Everything I have tried hasn't worked, if anything it's made my condition worse and my moods are constantly rapidly cycling from the extremes of high to the depths of despair.
I have spent another four months of my life this year as an inpatient during which time I was resucitated twice and on one occasion placed in an induced coma in ICU.
I guess this is my last plea for help. If you have any advice, ideas I would be grateful. I owe it to my family and partner to prove I have exhausted all options.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Alison.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry you are having such bad mental illness problems.

do you have a diagnosis of bipolar disorder?

what medications are you currently on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm diagnosed with BPD and depression.
My medication currently is venlafaxine 375mg, clonazepam 0.5mg, trazadone and promazine
50mg/mls which I'm currently taking 10mls 4x daily.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

I'm glad you are taking your medications

you should talk to your doctor about promazine

and see if you can try newer agents like olanzapine and quetiapine to help you with your bipolar disorder.