Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

on my ml320 cdi the battery is flat and the manual key does

Customer Question

on my ml320 cdi the battery is flat and the manual key does not open the lock on the drivers side. Any ideas how i can access the car?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Hi .

Best way to get in is to get another known good car battery and a set of jump leads .

then you will have to get under the car and connect the black Negative cable to the chassis and then the red Positive cable to the main cable on the starter motor .now once you have the power connected this way you will then have power to open the doors .

Below is a photo of the same starter you have fitted and where the arrow is this is where you connect the Red cable ,the other black cable to chassis (engine block )

Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me if needed.

Please rate my help a 3 to 5. " If you are not satisfied please don't rate."
We can continue to work or I can opt out .For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting .
If I don't reply soon I will as quick as I can as we may be on different time zones

Merry Xmas and happy new year

Rgds Greg