Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi The heater fan will not stop running. the control knob

Customer Question

The heater fan will not stop running. the control knob has no effect or when I take the key out of the ignition.

I have to disconnect the battery to stop the fan.

JIM
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

My name is MIKE.. Im happy to help you with this..

You are going to need to check at the heater -and the switch control panel for voltage / current checks - to see if first you have a failed / faulty switch - or , a short in the wiring / fault circuit.

I dont know what tech capabilities / equipment you have, its quite a task - but that is what is going to be needed here - it has to be physically traced down as above so that this can be fixed for you. Let me know how you get on - that is what is going to be needed on this one -

Let me know if you need anything else on this -

Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me any time if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.