Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

r320 09 reg had towbar fitted now front parking sensors not

Customer Question

r320 09 reg had towbar fitted now front parking sensors not working just 2 red lights in middle
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 4 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

still ok to wait but hopefully not too long

thanks

Expert:  Walt-mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what info do you require

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you on this...

The moderator was just communicating with you - he does not require anything of you.

Can you please tell me if the tow bar was fitted at an MB garage or where? I just need to know that then we can progress..

Rgds, MIKE..................................
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

towbar was fitted by a witter towbar fitter using a designated wiring loom

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hi again -

Thank you for your reply and info...

We have come across this before - it sounds like the cars computer system has not been "told" that it has now has this system fitted - basically they have to be coded to the car when extra electrical load has been fitted... that is usually the case if all other has been ruled out.

You will need to ask at your local MB dealer - you will need to give them the VIN of the vehicle and they will tell you if your build does indeed need that reprogramming doing as above to accommodate the new added system - if they say yes, they have to do it with their equipment.

IF they say not, then there is something that the fitter has done incorrectly or damaged something while doing the job - it would need then therefore tracing down physically to see what has been done. Of course, this could be absolutely anything -the work would have to be checked through fully.

It is always going to be one or the other as above so the first / quickest way is to ask at the local MB dealer as above and then you know which way you are headed...

Let me know if you need anything else on this - If you do get back to me wishing to discuss it further- I will get back to asap after I receive your reply.

Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.