Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have been away for a couple of months having a problem in

Customer Question

I have been away for a couple of months having a problem in starting the Mercedes benz van reg KP08 EZG 2148cc
Bought jump starter . We tried to locate the battery having the problem . How do we get the battery. the van is on sorn
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Are you having trouble finding the battery on the van or actually aquiring one?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

finding the battery on the van where is it located

Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi.there..

Ok..Depending on the equipment version there maybe two batteries one under the footwells starter battery and one under the bonnet auxillary - the starter battery will be in the battery case below the driver's footwell also double check passengers too - so you will need to remove floor covering under that you should have the black cover over the battery held with about 4 screws and then lift the cover of in which the battery will be visable....alternatively if you do pocess the owners manual you will find details of which to jump start the van..using the jump start connection point...if your using a jump start pack then it will be the red to jump start connection and black to a good ground on the engine itself

• Remove the cover from positive terminal of the donor vehicle's battery.
  • Connect the positive terminal clamp of the jump lead to positive terminal of the donor vehicle's battery.
  • With positive terminal clamp of the jump lead, slide the red protective cap on the jump-starting connection point back with a clockwise turn.
  • Connect the positive terminal clamp to positive terminal of the jump-starting connection point.
  • Run the donor vehicle's engine at idling speed.
  • Connect the negative terminal clamp of the jump lead to negative terminal of the donor vehicle's battery, and then to earth contact of your own vehicle.
  • Insert the key into the ignition lock and start the engine

I do hope this helps..