MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician
15777119

parking sensors on a e class 2004 the red lights come on then

Customer Question

parking sensors on a e class 2004 the red lights come on then go off nothing happens i crash into the wall
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what do you need to.no ?
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. No further information is requested at this time. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Expert:  MB Paul replied 4 years ago.

Apologies if you have been waiting long for an answer.

If the lights go into the red on the display & do not function then this is an indication that a fault is stored in the parktronic system.

The vehicle should be checked on Mercedes STAR diagnostic tool to see what fault codes are stored - usually it is one or more of the sensors that have gone faulty - the fault codes will pinpoint exactly what sensors are at fault if this is the case.

Best regards, Paul