Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Do I have to remove back seat on a 1999 e240 auto to jump start

Customer Question

Do I have to remove back seat on a 1999 e240 auto to jump start it?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

On some of these there should be place to jump start under the bonnet - check looking into the engine bay the top right hand corner - passenger side - you see two large black boxes - between these and the rubber trim along there nearest the passenger wing there you should see a small box or lid with a " Red Plus" symbol on it - lift the lid and you see the place for the red jumper cable to attach too - then the black cable to obviously good negative earth point - The main battery is under the rear seat as you say you need to lift/seating section lower part it to get at - it should sit at the drivers side in the rear..I do hope this helps..