MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician
15777119

Fitting an ignition swtch to E 289 merc and need to know which

Customer Question

Fitting an ignition swtch to E 289 merc and need to know which terminal the seven wires go to
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thyank you for your interest. If no answer with 24 hours please cancel the wherby I assune you make a refund. t should have said Merc E280 which is probably understood Many thanks Mike

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Expert:  MB Paul replied 3 years ago.

Sorry you have had a long delay in getting an answer - I personally have been away for the last week so have only just seen this.

Here is the information I have for the ignition swith wires:

red wires go to terminal 30
pink/red go to terminal 15
pink/green go to terminal 15X
pink/yellow go to terminal 15R
green/white go to terminal P30

violet wire go to terminal 50

I am in the UK - sometimes wiring can differ between different markets so make sure your vehicle matches this wiring configuration before wiring the connector

I hope this is of some help to you.

Best regards, Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for hye info. Its 11.00 PM Saturday night here, so I will try in the morning and if it works there will be a bonus, otherwise I may need to ask more questions or let your chickens out of the coup

Mike

Expert:  MB Paul replied 3 years ago.
Hi Mike,

No problem - I will keep a look out for your reply.

Its midday here so it may be a while before I reply to you as I will probably be asleep for some time when it is morning for you!

Best regards, Paul